Install Inbucket on a systemd equipped Linux
The commands below should be run as root.
1. Install Package
For Debian based distributions, run:
dpkg -i inbucket_VER_linux_amd64.deb systemctl enable inbucket
For RedHat based distributions, run:
rpm -ivh inbucket_VER_linux_amd64.rpm systemctl enable inbucket
2. Enable & Start Inbucket
Start the daemon and check for errors:
- Have the daemon start at boot: systemctl enable inbucket
- Start the daemon: systemctl start inbucket
- Confirm it stayed running: systemctl status inbucket
- Check for startup errors: journalctl -u inbucket
3. Access Web Interface
Confirm that Inbucket is listening on the default port: localhost:9000.
4. Customize Inbucket Configuration
Inbucket is configured via environment variables, please see config.md for
more information. You need to modify the
Environment= statements in
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/inbucket.service for the
configuration changes to become permanent.
If something goes wrong, you may refer to the default systemd unit on GitHub.