Inbucket disposable webmail
Inbucket is an email testing application; it will accept messages for any email address and make them available to view via a web interface.
Need to test your webapps outbound emails with Mailinator but stuck behind a firewall? Want to keep the new application you are developing secret until it’s time to release it? Need to validate that emails go out as part of your integration test suite? Want to send a link to a coworker demonstrating an email without giving them your gmail password? Need to load test your application without melting your corporate Exchange server? Want to use production data in your test environment without the risk of test messages leaking to an end user? Need to preview emails in multiple desktop email clients? Use Inbucket!
Inbucket is currently production quality: it is being used for real work.
There is plenty more to do:
- Integrate an embedded database to simplify storage
- Sanitize HTML content in email before display
- Easier installation
Please check the issues list for more details.
05 May 2018
Inbucket 2.0.0 is official.
Changes from rc1:
- Corrected docs for INBUCKET_STORAGE_PARAMS.
- Disabled color log output on Windows, doesn’t work there.
- Added an online configurator to simplify creating a configuration suited to your needs.
Binaries and Linux packages available on GitHub
→ View more news posts